HOME GLOBAL DISTRICTS CLUBS MISSING HISTORIES PAUL HARRIS PEACE
PRESIDENTS CONVENTIONS POST YOUR HISTORY WOMEN FOUNDATION COMMENTS PHILOSOPHY
SEARCH SUBSCRIPTIONS FACEBOOK JOIN RGHF EXPLORE RGHF RGHF QUIZ RGHF MISSION
Home SECTION HOME Histories of Rotary Districts & Clubs - www.districthistory.org SEARCH
REGIONS COUNTRIES DISTRICTS RI ARCHIVES FOR CLUBS CLUBS SUBMIT YOUR DISTRICT HISTORY
    HISTORY CALENDAR COMMITTEE WHAT'S NEW? DISCUSSION

THE HISTORY OF DISTRICT 4530, Brazil

A Part of Our History of Rotary in South America

Prepared by the district and not verified by Rotary Global History

Under the primitive conditions of that time, it was not possible to provide satisfactory assistance to clubs, with the enormous distance and to communicate effectively with each other.

It is therefore easy to imagine the forces at work which served to determine the the character of those willing to take on the Governorship of District 72, even if it was to be divided into four sections. 

From the year 1939/1940 four divisions of District 72 began to form themselves into Districts 26, 27, 28, 29.

In 1943 the district 28 is deployed, adding to the Brazil district 41.
The developments have taken place as we increased the number of Rotary Clubs.
In 1944, there were already six districts.
In 1947, seven: 26, 27, 28, 29, 41, 43 and 72 again, which remained still during 1948/1949.

In 1949 Rotary International set out the districts changing them the numbers and continue with seven districts under the numbers: 117, 118, 119, 120, 121,123 and 124, by the year 1951.

In 1952 there were new deployments to eight districts; in 1954 nine; in 1956 ten; in 1958 12; from the previous year with another series of numbers: the move to four hundred hundred.
After eleven years, in 1969, the unfolding continued to happen - fourteen districts.
In 1970, fifteen; in 1971 eighteen; in 1973 nineteen; in 1974 twenty; in 1977 twenty-two; in 1981 twenty-four; in 1985 twenty-six; in 1986 twenty-seven; in 1988 twenty-eight; in 1989 twenty-nine; in 1990 thirty-one; in 1991 thirty-four; and in 1992 thirty-six; at which time a zero was added to each number to convert world-wide districts into four digits to cater for new computerised district recording.

District 4530 therefore had its origin in District 28, whose territory covered the state of Sao Paulo in the triangle between Mineiro and Goiás.
Later in the year 1947, there were redistributions, creating District 41 and in the year of 1948, with more new redistributions came the District 121, covering the states of Sao Paulo (until Araras, Rio Claro, Piracicaba), the Mining Triangle and Goiás.
With the establishment of District 453, continued Sao Paulo (until Catanduva and Araraquara), the Triangle Mineiro, Goias, and later the Federal District.

Then the District 453 was dismembered, losing the towns of Triangulo Mineiro and south of Goiás (the city of Goiania was left in the middle), to form the District 4770, passing the 453 to be formed by Goias, Tocantins and Distrito Federal, with the nomenclature of District 4530.

The first Fellowship of the state of Goiás was the Rotary Club of Goiania, established in the year 1940-41.
The first Fellowship of the Federal District was the Rotary Club of Brasilia, created in 01 March 1958.

To occupy the Governorship of the district in the year 1948-49, was given to Leide Comrade Jayme, the RC of Goiania, the latter declined in favor of Comrade Ariovaldo B. Camargo of the RC Knaresborough.

acknowledgements to Google translator, District Committee, Clubs, Members, Webmaster

posted by RGHF Webmaster Greg Barlow. November 2008